Monday, June 8, 2009

6/14/09 Old Testament (Alternate)

RCL reading for Sunday, June 14, 2009:
Excerpt from the New Revised Standard Version
via Oremus (http://bible.oremus.org)

Ezekiel 17:22-24

22 Thus says the Lord God:
I myself will take a sprig
from the lofty top of a cedar;
I will set it out.
I will break off a tender one
from the topmost of its young twigs;
I myself will plant it
on a high and lofty mountain.

23 On the mountain height of Israel
I will plant it,
in order that it may produce boughs and bear fruit,
and become a noble cedar.
Under it every kind of bird will live;
in the shade of its branches will nest
winged creatures of every kind.

24 All the trees of the field shall know
that I am the Lord.
I bring low the high tree,
I make high the low tree;
I dry up the green tree
and make the dry tree flourish.
I the Lord have spoken;
I will accomplish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment