Monday, June 8, 2009

6/14/09 Psalm (Alternate)

RCL reading for Sunday, June 14, 2009:
Excerpt from the New Revised Standard Version
via Oremus (http://bible.oremus.org)

Psalm 92:1-4,11-14

1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;

2 to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
and your faithfulness by night,

3 to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.

4 For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy.

11 My eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies;
my ears have heard the doom of my evil assailants.

12 The righteous flourish like the palm tree,
and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

13 They are planted in the house of the Lord;
they flourish in the courts of our God.

14 In old age they still produce fruit;
they are always green and full of sap,

No comments:

Post a Comment